Diamant et capteurs.
Le thème diamant s'intéresse à la physique des centres NV du diamant, de leurs créations à leurs utilisations, avec un penchant particulier pour le dévellopement de capteurs quantiques innovants.
NV colour centre is a point defect in diamond with unique physical properties at room temperature. It combines very stable photoluminescence to attractive spin properties, making a perfect system for quantum information, bio-imaging, and sensing.
The diamond theme has been studying NV centre in diamond for a decade from its photophysics to material science questions through its applications. Recently we especially focused on the following topics :
- Nanoscale implantation of single defects in diamond
- NV scanning probe magnetometry
- Magnetic Imaging Under High Pressure
And tightly linked to other themes of the Laboratory:
- Optical levitation of nanodiamonds in vacuum
- Colour centres for bio applications
- artificial atoms in diamond for quantum information processing
These activities are in collaboration with the Quantum Imaging group (Laboratoire Charles Coulomb) in Montpellier, the High-Pressure team at CEA DAM, and the diamond group at Thales TRT.